🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Easy and Full Featured Outdoors Engines?

Started by
0 comments, last by gimp 24 years, 2 months ago
I'd like to make a free multiplayer game in an outdoors environment and am looking for a free engine to use. Prefaribly I'd like the engine to have a lot of basic functionality built in like: -Displaying Models (with importer) -Distance fog used to cull polygons. -Basic Networking code. -Height map editing and manual texturing Could anyone suggest a good engine to use? I've been looking around for quite a while and all the good engines I've found have nothing in the way of collision detection, networking or model loading, etc Thanks Chris Edited by - gimp on 4/10/00 8:40:55 PM
Chris Brodie
Advertisement
Take a look at WildTangent''s GameDriver betas. I dont think they are completely free, but the licensing should be extremely reasonable. (www.wildtangent.com)

Or you could look at Jet3D, which is a fork off the same branch (Genesis3D) as the GameDriver. It is open source, and you can use it for free IF you release any engine modifications you make back in source form as well.
(www.jet3d.com)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement