🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Time to stop taking caffeine

Started by
22 comments, last by J2xC 24 years, 2 months ago
I''m serious! I''ve been regulating my caffeine input seriously during the last week, and feel so much more alive, even though I sleep just as little... You should all try it. A new experience. Go where no caffeine junkie has gone before =) J2xC ------------------------------ About time I put something funny here? I think so too...
J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...
Advertisement
Protein will keep you up more than caffeine will. And its much better for you.
Caffeine will speed up your metabolism for extremely short periods of time, but protein provides the fuel you need to create energy...ok not create, but utilize, and will let you sleep when you want to.

I''ve tried going a day without caffinne before. By about third period (I''m in High School), my teacher actually sent a kid out to buy me a coke from the teacher''s lounge. I was THAT dead, I swear. Even after the coke, I was still cranky and had a major headache. Those didn''t start to go away until the 4th coke. I''d have to say...I''m about as addicted to caffinne as some people are to the nicotine in tobacco. (I also drink a cup of coffee just before I go to bed, and still sleep soundly)

P h a n t a s m
"Through dreams I control mankind."
--Legend
Phantasm
I used to drink about 2-5 cans a day as well, I''ve cut that back to maybe 1, sometimes.

At the time I was coding or creating game levels I was able to skull a can of coke get up go to bed a be asleep within 2-3 min OR I could stay up all night...

I was finding that it was the super cool liquad that did more for me. Now I''m on icewater + lemon juice and a product called VIG... The cycle continues but at least I keep my teeth

gimp

Chris Brodie
If I have coffee, it is usually ultra-strong-"almost make you throw up"-coffee. I can only have one cup a day, early in the morning (so I have a pulse at that time of day) otherwise I can''t get to sleep at night, and that makes me cranky the next day. Try tea!

Paulcoz.
I can honestly say that i have never been addicted to caffine. i dont drink coffee or coke, and i have no trouble staying up late or staying awake in class(except for my career and life management class, but thats a whole other story). I think it is good to have no habits or addictions. they are usually bad for you anyway (including coding until early hours).
"i dont drink coffee or coke, and i have no trouble staying up late or staying awake in class"

It obviously depends on how much sleep you get. During the week I get up at 7:40am, go to sleep about 2:00am, that''s about 5 hours 40 minutes. I know lots of people might think that''s plenty but if I had any less I couldn''t stay awake at work.

Paulcoz.
hi there...i always thought that it in english was named *coffeine* not caffeine...so what is the right word?...yes...coffe isnt that good...i drink coffe sometimes on the early parts of the *nights* and after that i cant sleap...and then im so tired in the morning so i have to drink coffe to wake up ....and im just a like a zoombie!...puts the bread in the fridge...and the (dont eat cheease...)chease/ham everything youre putting on the bread ...in the places to put the bread....everything goes wrong...and my parents are not happy then..(when ive 'destroyed* their breakfast...) ...
( cant find the words...tired...head -aches.....)
So i just cant stop drinking coffe etc when i have begun... ....so nom in dependent on coffein to make my day!...
BTW! ...LOVe cappuchino!...with the tastes of Rom, vanilla ...it tastes really good....you better try it!
oh.....DONT DO THAT!!!!.....forgotton.....
/

Edited by - Jewelaye on 4/11/00 9:43:32 AM
Jewelaye
Im telling everyone right now, go out and buy some protein shakes, youll feel more alive then youve ever been before. (I still drink coffee in the morning to get my butt in gear) But protein is the way.

Phantasm: I hope you''re not serious =) I used to go from about 2-5 cans coke as well. I''ve now just stopped cold turkey on coke, and will only occasionally drink tea or IRN BRU... max once a day though. I really do feel better, I''m serious.

Haven''t tried protein shakes (don''t think you get em here???) but if I see some I''ll try em...

Coffee- I detest that stuff. Eurgh...

Imagine of caffeine was illegalised! The consequences on computer programmers around the world. Programming standards would plummet or products take longer to make (or would it be the opposite?)

J2xC

------------------------------
About time I put something funny here? I think so too...
J2xC (J. Connolly) Ah! By popular demand, I shall no longer resist...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement