🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!

Started by
2 comments, last by MASARANDUBA 24 years, 2 months ago
guys i donwloaded the norton antivirus2000 demo a month ago i will find a crack for it or even buying it, but i will don´t have enough time for that type of thing lately ,as a result the 30 days expired ,i don´t wanna see that buy now msg every time when i turn on my computer so i tryed to uninstall it but during the the uninstall many, many many errors msg poped up finish with a blue screen saying that the prog was done a illegal thing and will be closed but then the screen was gone black and i have to restart my computer , so during the re-start appeared a msg that the file SYMEVNT.386 could not be found and the computer fade the screen black, so i tryed to unistall the antivirus in the (i don´t know the name in english but that mode that the windows go on when the computer is turn off when is starting)but it said that could not found the installation log file : C:arquivos de progama\... \nav95.isu what i do now???????? - Huston we have a $§%@ º&>_+ NO CARRIER
Advertisement
Hmm.. I''m not sure what you have to do- maybe you''ve got a virus? lol
I''m not much help am i?!

Programming::~Fredric(const Annoy_Ance)
3D Math- The type of mathematics that'll put hair on your chest!
Try this:
Boot
Hit f8 to get the starting menu, and go to "Command Prompt only." Now delete the folder containing NAV2K, and edit your system.ini and win.ini (in your windoze directory), and remove all lines that you suspect are references to NAV, like "DEVICE=SYMEVNT.386", and re-boot.
Once(if) you''re on, install McAfee.
/ // / |< <-
THANKS, in fact i even not needed to change the system.ini or the windows.ini, when i searched(is it right?) for this archives ( a friend of my mine managed to make the windows run but not to solve the missing archives problem)i typed *.ini and for my surprise appeared that the norton folder have some of them so i take a look and found all the installations file that the %*&*¨&#@% symantech hide (they are in the progamms files folder) o i just installed the norton again and unistalled it again and this time worked!! so thanks a lot.<br><br>THANKS!!!!!<br><br>( just to be ironic my computer allready have another problem , sometimes i turn it on and it don´t turn on... i am a really unlucky guy ,ha! ha! ha! )<br><br>-girlfriend is the shareware version of the wife<br><br>Edited by - MASARANDUBA on 4/13/00 2:59:14 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement