🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I keep staring, but it doesn't fix itself

Started by
1 comment, last by Trajar 24 years, 2 months ago
Ok.. this may sound really easy, but I''ve stared at this for a long time (and you know what that does - nothing) So tell me what I''m doing wrong. I declare a ptr as TileClass * Map; in the include file. Later, I want to create a multi-dem. array out of it, so I do this Map = new TileClass[30][30]; for( i=0; i<=29; i++) { for( j=0; j<=29; j++ ) { TileClass * tempTile = new TileClass; tempTile->Init(1,0); Map[j] = tempTile; delete tempTile; } } And I get the error cannot convert from ''class TileClass (*)[30]'' to ''class TileClass * I know it something simple, yet staring doesn''t help...
Advertisement
You are declaring Map a a 1D array and then trying to assign a 2D array to it. Changing your declaration to TileClass** Map; should fix your problem.

On the other hand, if you want to have a 1D array in the first place, you should declare it as such when you call new... just change it to new TileClass[30*30] and that should work as well.

Check out the GPI project today!

Edited by - chippydip on 4/6/00 4:09:48 AM
You don''t need tempTile. You should write Map[i*j].Init(1,0);

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement