🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent Hacking

Started by
2 comments, last by GEo 24 years, 3 months ago
Hiya, I don''t know s*** about hacking (whats the point?) but... A guy I know just got arrested for getting credit cards details off of some e-commerce place. The story is he hacked the place, and wrote to the company saying their security was slack, they ignored him, so he posted 26,000 credit card details on the web. Cost ''em about £3,000,000 (so I''m told, I haven''t caught a news report yet, so this is just rumour). Anyway, he was boasting on the net about how no-one would ever catch him, and then sometime last week (after a big interpol/police operation) 6 local police guys, 1 American FBI agent and 1 Canadian mountie knocked on his front door(This is quite funny to imagine when you realise that he lives in a tiny little village in W. Wales!) The point of this post: I would just like to say: HA HA! I mean, come on, what did you expect? George. "Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"
Advertisement
You know the guy from wales who got Bill Gates credit card details?

I read the story on the front page of the Telegraph yesterday. He sent the details originally to an American Network News station. And then he didn''t hear squat from them.

So he still wanted to make the point about how insecure these sites were and posted the details on the web.

Apparently he was actually cought whilst hacking a Canadian company -- and he knew he''d been caught whilst doing it.

The bloke is only 18 years old. Can you imagine it. A Riot van arrived outside his house whilst the FBI agent arrested him. He must have been dirtying his pants!!!!
Something else:

What really gets me is the fact that this guys might get cult status for being a total W***er (if you know what I mean)

He''s already been on TV giving interviews etc.

George.

"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

George. F"Who says computer games affect kids, imagine if PacMan affected us as kids, we'd all sit around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music....uh oh!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement