🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

nothing really

Started by
13 comments, last by creedance 24 years, 3 months ago
Actually i never won, but i did have tons of fun..they give everyone at state championship t-shirts, our school did win CAD last year tho. I went to hoffman estates high school in illinois--i think we were the best public school when it came to WYSE, math team, and academic bowl...although its darn hard to beat IMSA

Advertisement
The four years I did JETS (it was still called JETS back then) IMSA didn''t send a team. According to my coach, they were too embarrased at the fact they kept on losing.

My freshman and softmore year I did math and comp sci, but junior year they took me off comp sci to do physics, and senior year they took me off physics to do bio. Never did place in state for comp sci. But I did place several times in math and the once in bio.

When I was in high school we never feared Hoffman Estates. It was New Trier, Napierville North and IMSA that struck terror in our hearts.
I''m from Seneca (population : 2000 hehe).

The division I competed in had the most schools in my area (schools with enrollment between 500-1000). Pretty small, huh? Well, our division had the hardest competition for our sectionals, since more schools came out of that division than any other. Ironically, if I was in ANY other division, even bigger ones, I would be going to state competition because my scores in comp. sci. where good enough to place second in any other division. Oh well, luck of the draw I guess.

I don''t get to compete against Naperville or IMSA or any of those bigger schools, but I did have to compete against U-High (University High School) - It''s a small, private, rich-kid school that''s pretty tough to beat academically. They offered some good competition.

It''s cool, though - I''m the only person from my school to have ever competed for more than their junior/senior years because they let me go for comp sci my sophomore year (*glows with pride*)

"If at first you don't succeed... destroy all evidence of ever trying"
I live in Hoffman Estates, its about 40 miles from chicago.

We had an awsome team and we got spanked by IMSA, except for in computer fundamentals and CAD

That''s cool.

I live near Ottawa/Morris/Joliet (''bout 25 miles from Joliet)

It''s sad, though. Next year my school won''t be sending anyone for computer science They''re going to be sending people for physics instead, but I don''t see why they don''t send people for both.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement